Privacy and Cookies Policy
Your privacy is very important to us. MY COMMUNITY TODAY, INC (colectivelly, “MY COMMUNITY TODAY”, “us”, “we” or “our”) values your privacy and takes the protection of your privacy seriously. MY COMMUNITY TODAY Privacy and Cookies Policy (colectivelly, the “Policy”) explains our procedure regarding the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of certain information, including your personal information, by MY COMMUNITY TODAY. For the purposes of this Policy, the term “personal information” refers to information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, locate or contact you. Non-personal information is information that does not permit direct association with you. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. For instructions on how to contact us, please see the Section XI below. By using, visiting or browsing the MY COMMUNITY TODAY Service, you accept and agree to our information practices described below. “MY COMMUNITY TODAY Service”, “our Service”, “the Service” or “the Services” means the service provided by MY COMMUNITY TODAY for discovering and watching movies and television shows, together with all features and functionalities, website, and user interfaces, as well as all Content and software related to our Service. “Content” includes the text, data, software, logos, trademarks, works of authorship, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, applications, links, interactive features and different materials you may view on, access through, or contribute to the Service. Please note that this Policy includes embedded hyperlinks that, depending on the device through which you are viewing it, may not be accessible. Therefore, you may need to visit the MY COMMUNITY TODAY website to review these hyperlinked terms.
I. Information we CollectWe receive and store information about you such as:
- Things you do and information you give us. Examples may include:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, Payment Method and telephone number. We collect this information in a various ways, including when you enter it while using our Service, interact with our customer service, or take part in surveys or marketing promotions;
- information collected when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, set preferences in your account or otherwise provide information to us through our Service or elsewhere;
- information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the people you communicate with the most or the groups you like to share with;
- information about how you use our Service, for example, the types of Content you view or engage with or the frequency and lenght of your activities.
- Things others do and information they provide: We also collect Content and information that other individuals provide when they use our Services, including information about you.
- Information we collect automatically: We gather information regarding you and your interactions with us and our advertising, your use of our Service, applications, sites, tools, and customer service, and also information regarding your computer or other device used to access our Service. This information may incorporate:
- your activity on the MY COMMUNITY TODAY Service, for example: title selections, watch history, search queries, interactions;
- details regarding your interactions with customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your telephone number;
- information from or about the computers, telephones, or other devices where you install or access our Service. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Here are some examples of such information we gather: device locations, including particular geographic locations, attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal quality, and device identifiers, connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile telephone number and IP address;
- Information from your social networking account: If you choose to connect one or more social networking accounts with your MY COMMUNITY TODAY account, we will obtain information from your social networking account.
- Analytics information: We may directly collect analytics data, or utilize third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools gather information sent by your browser that help us improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any specific individual user.
- Phone Contacts: Our application may request access to your phone contacts to provide features that require contact information. We do not store or transmit this information to our servers without your explicit consent.
- Audio and Video Recording: Our application may request access to your device’s microphone and camera to facilitate functionalities like audio or video recording. This data is used solely for on-device operations and is not transmitted to our servers without your explicit consent.
- Device Storage: Our application may request access to your device’s storage to save and retrieve user-generated content or application data. This data is stored locally on your device and is not shared with third parties without your explicit consent.
II. Our Use of Information We CollectWe use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, upgrade and customize our Services and marketing efforts for you and others. For instance, we may use the information we collect for purposes such as:
- determining your general geographic location, providing localized Content, providing recommendations and suggestions, determining your Internet service provider and helping us rapidly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- verifying accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or infringement of our Terms of Service (collectively, the “Terms”). We work hard to protect your account using teams of engineers, automated systems, and advanced technology;
- sending you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and Terms. We additionally use your information to respond to you when you contact us;
- improvement purposes; for example, to better understand how users access and use our Service, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Service and software, to answer to user desires and preferences, and for other research, analytical, and commercial purposes.
III. Disclosure of Information
- The MY COMMUNITY TODAY family of companies: We may share your information among the MY COMMUNITY TODAY family of companies (link). These companies, when handling this information, will follow practices that are consistent with the practices described in this Policy.
- Advertisers and advertising-related service providers: We may share the information collected from or about you in aggregated or de-identified forms with advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners in order to tailor advertisements, measure advertising effectiveness, and enable other enhancements. This information includes your use of the Service, websites you visited, advertisements you saw, and your other activities online. However, our agreements with these companies restrict the types of information we share and how they may use it.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. For instance, we may partner with companies that offer incentives, such as frequent flyer mileage awards, if you sign up or otherwise utilize our Service. In fulfilling these sorts of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. By participating in such joint promotions or programs, you consent to our sharing of your information. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third party businesses.
- Service providers: We may share the information collected from or about you with companies that provide services to us and our business partners, including companies that assist with payment processing, analytics, data processing, account management, customized marketing messaging, and other services. On the other hand, our agreements with these companies restrict the types of information we share and how they may use it.
- Protection of MY COMMUNITY TODAY and others: MY COMMUNITY TODAY and its service providers may disclose and otherwise use your personal and other information where we or they reasonably believe such disclosure is needed to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, (ii) enforce applicable Terms, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address illegal or suspected illegal activities (including payment fraud), security or technical issues, or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MY COMMUNITY TODAY, its users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- Third parties in connection with certain transactions: If we sell all or part of our business, make a transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a change of control transaction, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, we may transfer information from or about you to one or more third parties as part of the transaction.
- Information you make public: While using the MY COMMUNITY TODAY Service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly. Please understand that when you post such information it is made public and we are not responsible for any third party’s use of information you publicly disclose through our Service.
- Others with access to your account: If you share or otherwise permit others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information, including in some cases personal information, such as your watch history, ratings, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in your account).
- Aggregate or anonymous information: We may provide analysis of and information from or about our users in the aggregate or otherwise in anonymous form to partners, service providers and other third parties.
- Parties with your consent: When we have your consent we may share any information from or about you, including your name, address, telephone number, and email address, with any party.
- Social features: Our Social Interaction Network (SIN) feature offer the chance to share information, such as what you watch on MY COMMUNITY TODAY and what you recommend. This information may be shared within MY COMMUNITY TODAY and also on other social networks and in other communications. You may choose to use our social features by associating one or more social networks to your MY COMMUNITY TODAY account. Your connection of your MY COMMUNITY TODAY account to a social networking service and your use of our social features is subject to our Terms (link) as well as this Policy.
IV. Your Choices About Your InformationYou can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to quickly process all unsubscribe demands. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions. You can opt in to receive push notifications from MY COMMUNITY TODAY. If you afterwards choose you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your device’s settings functionality to turn them off. We provide you with tools to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you provided to us and associated with your account. You can delete your account any time. When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted. If you do not want to delete your account, but want to temporarily stop using MY COMMUNITY TODAY, you may deactivate your account instead. To learn more about deactivating or deleting your account, click here(link). Remember that information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account. Furthermore, keep in mind that search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, even after you have deleted the information from the Service or deleted your account. Following deletion or deactivation of your account, MY COMMUNITY TODAY, its affiliates, or its service providers may retain information (including your profile information) and Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
V. Other Websites and ServicesWe are not responsible for the usual procedures employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Service, including the information or content contained within them. Please keep in mind that when you use a link to go from our Service to another website or service, our Policy does not apply to those third party websites or services. Your browsing and interaction on any third party website or service, including those that have a link on MY COMMUNITY TODAY, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third parties that you empower to access your Content. If you are using a third party website or service and you allow them to access your Content you do so at your own risk. To learn more, see our Terms of Service (link).
VI. SecurityMY COMMUNITY TODAY is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. For instance, passwords and other sensitive information are encrypted in transit. We additionally take steps to ensure that only those MY COMMUNITY TODAY employees, agents, and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to get access to sensitive information from or about you are granted access. When you enter payment information, we encrypt that information using secure industry standard protocols for billing transmission in order to help protect the financial information you send us. Despite these efforts, please note that there is always a probability that a breach in data transmission or storage may take place. We want you to feel confident in our security when using the Service, yet we cannot guarantee the security of any information from or about you 100% of the time. Therefore, while we endeavor to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for instance, in the event you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please promptly notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with Section XI below.
VIII. Changes to This PolicyWe may revise this Policy from time to time. The most current version of the Policy will govern our use of your information and will always be at (link). Such revisions shall take effect immediately, although will only apply to existing members 30 days after posting (unless otherwise stated).
IX. International TransferYour information may be transferred to and maintained on computers situated outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, MY COMMUNITY TODAY transfers personal information to the United States and processes it there. Your submission of such information represents your agreement to that transfer.
- What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your web browser that allows MY COMMUNITY TODAY or a third party to identify you. Cookies might be used for the following purposes: (i) to enable certain functions; (ii) to provide analytics; (iii) to store your preferences; and (iv) to enable ad delivery and behavioral advertising. Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain as far as it expires or you delete your cookies. Expiration dates are fixed in the cookies themselves; some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after multiple years. Cookies placed by the website you are visiting are frequently called “first party cookies,” while cookies placed by other companies are usually called “third party cookies.” We may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (individually or collectively “Pixel Tags”) in connection with our Service. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, frequently a single pixel that is usually not visible to users and may be associated with cookies on a user’s hard drive.
- MY COMMUNITY TODAY and its service providers may use the following types of cookies:
- Essential Operational: These cookies are required to allow us to operate the Service as you have requested.
- Performance/Analytics: We use these cookies to analyse how the Service is accessed, used or is operating. We use this information to maintain, operate and constantly improve the Service. We might also use analytics cookies to test new ads, pages, or features to see how users respond to them. Analytics cookies may either be first party cookies or third party cookies.
- Functional: These cookies let us operate certain functions of the Service in accordance with the choices you make. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Service, we can provide you with our Services as you have requested for them to be provided, such as knowing your username or remembering how you have customized our Services.
- Targeting/advertising: We use these cookies to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests. The information may additionally be used for frequency capping purposes and to help us regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their efficiency.
- MY COMMUNITY TODAY and its service providers may use the following types of cookies: